[DRBD-user] Re: [Q] Why does drbd sync only a few resources and apparently at random?

Maurice Volaski mvolaski at aecom.yu.edu
Sat Jun 25 18:50:54 CEST 2005

>Hooked up the second system and fired up drbd. Syncing started and in
>the right direction :-), but only for a few resources:
>
>version: 0.7.11 (api:77/proto:74)
>S/ 2005-06-25 04:03:45 -0400
>\ Maurice Volaski:
>>  Hooked up the second system and fired up drbd. Syncing started and
>>in the right direction :-), but only for a few resources:
>>
>>  version: 0.7.11 (api:77/proto:74)
>>  SVN Revision: 1807 build by root at thewarehouse1, 2005-06-24 20:20:32
>
>>  What made it pick these two and why are the others stuck in a
>>  StandAlone state? Everything is in group 2, except for drbd0:
>
>well. look into syslog to figure out what happened...

When I first started, nothing happened, so I assumed my iptables was
misconfigured and turned it off <:-|, and that's when the two above
started syncing. I think the others were trying to sync, but got
blocked by the firewall and they just didn't try again in the time I
turned off the firewall and manually told them to sync.

Maurice Volaski, mvolaski at aecom.yu.edu