[DRBD-user] primary node crashes

Thomas Böhme T.Boehme at mc-wetter.de
Fri Jun 24 13:42:12 CEST 2005

Hello,

a few weeks ago I allready posted my problem.

http://lists.linbit.com/pipermail/drbd-user/2005-June/003054.html

Now I have some more general questions. I use kernel 2.6.11.10 and drbd 0.7.10 on a 1.4 TB fiber channel storage. I nearly use the default config. I only changed al-extents to 1009, rate 100M and I use protocol C.

When I add the second node the sync starts and when its finished it is a consistent secondary. After some hours (max. 1 day) the PRIMARY node crashes without a single error in syslog. And the sencondary only reports that the Primary is dead (Network Failure). The secondary becomes primary and I add the crashed node as sencondary. Again the new primary node crashes after some hours. If I do not add a secondary node, the primary is stable over weeks.

1) How is it possible to configure the primary to log everything to syslog when it crashes?
2) Are there any suggested modifications to add to drbd.conf when using a 1.4 TB storage?
3) Can the crash be relatet to reiserfs or the underlying device driver (CONFIG_SCSI_QLA2XXX -> QLogic Corp. QLA2300 64-bit Fibre Channel Adapter)?

Thomas