[DRBD-user] DRBD Setup

Corey Edwards tensai at zmonkey.org
Thu Jun 23 17:13:44 CEST 2005

On Mon, 2005-06-20 at 16:20 -0400, Darrell wrote:
> When trying to start drbd 0.7.11 for the first time I get this error.  I
> am not sure what this is referring to as I am still new to linux.  I am
> running drbd on FDC 3.  If anyone could point me in the right direction
> it would be much appreciated.
>
> ./drbd start
> Starting DRBD resources:    [ d0 ioctl(,SET_DISK_CONFIG,) failed:
> Invalid argument
> Lower device is already mounted.
>
> cmd /sbin/drbdsetup /dev/drbd0 disk /dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00 internal -1
> --on-io-error=detach  failed!

It sounds like you've got /dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00 mounted already
(assuming that's the device associated with /dev/drbd0). You have to
unmount it before you can create or use your DRBD volume. DRBD must have
exclusive access to the device otherwise Bad Things(tm) will happen.

        # umount /dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00

Corey