[DRBD-user] primary and synctarget

Matthew Wilson matthew at sixapart.com
Thu Jun 23 02:46:23 CEST 2005

I'm testing and tinkering with DRBD to answer all those 'what if'
questions before we go into production.  While doing this I managed
to get a node into the state where it is the Primary and the
SyncTarget at the same time.

This has got to be a bad thing if you try to mount the FS as the data
under the fs will change as the sync progresses, right?  I see a
great opportunity for data corruption here.

So, is there a reason why this is even allowed by drbd?  I can't see
a situation where it would be needed, does such a situation exist?

Thanks,
Matthew