[DRBD-user] Unable to create directories

Sherman Lambert sherman.lambert at state.co.us
Thu Jun 16 19:39:16 CEST 2005

Hi All,

I seem to have an odd problem.  On my drbd volume I cannot create a
directory.  I can create all the files I want, just no directories.

[root at cmdb1 html]# mkdir drbdtest
mkdir: cannot create directory `drbdtest': Input/output error

I have played with the permissions and that does not seem to be the
problem.  A couple weeks ago I was creating directories just as would be
expected.  The only other clue that there is something wrong is that
when I do a "cat /dev/drbd0" on the primary disk it goes bezerk,
appearing to give me a text dump of the entire volume.  On the secondary
disk it will give me :

[root at cmdb2 sherman]# cat /dev/drbd0
cat: /dev/drbd0: Input/output error

In drbdadm everything seems fine.