[DRBD-user] A GNUbie needs help!

GNUbie gnubie at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 08:09:24 CET 2005

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 21:11:34 +0100, Bernd Schubert
<bernd-schubert at web.de> wrote:
> Hello GNUbie,

Hello again Bernd and the entire DRBD users!

> I still don't see the reason for the error message, but I see another *big*
> problem, you have mounted /dev/mapper/lvm-home! That way drbd, of course,
> can't use the device. You will need to
>
> 1.) backup everything from /home to another uneffected partion or CDROM, etc.
> 2.) umount /home
> 3.) create the drbd device
> 4.) mkreiserfs /dev/drbd0
> 5.) copy/move back your backup-data to /dev/drbd0
> 6.) mount /dev/drb0 /home and also need to adjust your fstab and haresources
> Script
>
> Maybe the error message you get is just wrong and thats already the problem.
> Please follow the steps above and then try again the 'drbdadm up all'
> command.

I followed all your above instructions already and I upgraded to
drbd-0.7.7, too.  Unfortunately, I can't create ReiserFS partition and
I always get an error when trying to follow step number 4.  Below is
the output of what I did:

# mkreiserfs /dev/drbd0
Guessing about desired format.. Kernel 2.6.8.1-12mdk-i586-up-1GB is running
reiserfs_create: could not open /dev/drbd0: Read-only file system

Any idea please?

Thanks in advance.

GNUbie