[DRBD-user] DRBD installation problems

Luis Eduardo Vivero Peña lvivero at corporacionlinux.cl
Mon Feb 28 19:28:02 CET 2005

Hi guys,

I'm traying to configure DRBD under Debian GNu/Linux 3.1 (what difficult
letters combination to remember... :) ) and I have readed the
documentation.

I have compiled (drbd-0.7 from official sources) and charged the drbd
module (modprobe drbd) without problems (but the documentation is a
little wrong).
This specify that I must to configure the device with the following
command:

drbdsetup /dev/nb0 disk /dev/hda4

and it's answer me:

disk lower_dev meta_data_dev meta_data_index [{--size|-d} val]
         [{--on-io-error|-e} val]
Not enough arguments.

The message is clear, but I don't know what is the parameters
'lower_dev',
'meta_data_dev' and 'meta_data_index'.

I was looking for in google but I cannot find the solution.
Can you gave me a light please?

--
Luis Eduardo Vivero Peña
Corporación Linux S.A.