[DRBD-user] drdb+raid 5 + gigabit ethernet

Sandra sandra at ccuec.unicamp.br
Mon Feb 14 12:34:23 CET 2005

HI,

   We are using Fedora Core 1, drbd-0.6.10, Linux Kernel 2.4.22-1.2174,
SCSI RAID ADPTEC 2200S, and an
Intel PILA 8490MT 10/100/1000 PCI RJ netcard on a  two INtel Xeon
3,6GHZ  microprocessor slave .  And on the master Fedora Core 1,
drbd-0.6.10, Linux Kernel 2.4.22-1.2174 , Intel PRO 100 netcard, two
Intel Pentium III 1.4GHZ microprocessor.

On the master and on the slave we have defined the same LVM filesystems
configuration (4 drbd configs), and
on the slave we have made a 2 raid 5 configuration . The problem occurs
when we start drbd on the master
and the slave starts to syncronize only one drbd config per time (speed
500M). The others configs stay waiting for connect state,
and with the drbd0, that is the biggest one ( 120G), the slave became
blocked, it only answers to pings...

Does anybody knows if drbd works with raid cards, or if raid cards work
well with drbd syncronization? Is there
any performance tunning that we have to do to it work better, or it is
better to remove raid 5 and use the disks
alone?

Thanks in advance

Sandra