[DRBD-user] Current status of XFS on DRBD

Dr J Pelan J.Pelan at gatsby.ucl.ac.uk
Sat Feb 12 18:46:23 CET 2005

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005, Jason Joines wrote:

>     I am using DRBD 0.7.10 on kernel 2.6.10 and have been using ext3 in
> tests.  I used XFS with kernel 2.4.x for without DRBD for several years
> and would like to go ahead and use XFS with this new setup.  However, I
> read several older threads here about problems with XFS.  The latest
> versions I saw referenced were "kernel 2.6.9 with 0.7.7".  Has anyone
> tried anything more recently?

I am currently evaluating XFS -> LVM2 -> DRBD on a 1.3TB array. This is
based on SLES9 SP1 using SuSE's kernels (2.6.5-*.*) and DRDB 0.7.10.

Everything seems fine thus far although it hasn't been fully exercised to
'production' levels yet. One feature to beware of with this SLES9 setup is
that xfs_freeze should NOT be invoked prior to taking snapshots, lvcreate
handles the consistency issues now apparently.

--
John P.