[DRBD-user] Another question

Martin Green martin.green at bbconsult.co.uk
Mon Feb 7 13:47:18 CET 2005

> Does DRBD make any changes itself to the data on the disk being
> mirrored?

No it does not. It might show a smaller size than the underlying device.
(DRBD align the size to 4k, in case of internal metadata, it cut off
128MB of the end of the device..)

I hope that with using LVM everybody creates a own LV for the metadata.

MG: I figured this bit out - and I now use separate metadata device.

MG: So... we just need to have 4k-aligned devices.  No problem.

Thanks!