[DRBD-user] "drbd: Minor for /dev/nb0 (drbd0) not found in /proc/drbd"

paul-bennett at nc.rr.com paul-bennett at nc.rr.com
Thu Feb 3 15:41:26 CET 2005

On SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 8.1, using the DRBD RPM supplied with the OS. Note: I cannot change the version of DRBD I'm using due to the environment I'm testing in.

Trying to "/etc/init.d/drbd start", I get the message in the subject line.

In trying to investigate this, I see the following...

nodea:~ # ls -l /dev/nb0
brw-rw---- 1 root root 43, 0 Oct 21 2002 /dev/nb0
nodea:~ # cat /proc/drbd
version: 0.7.3 (api:75/proto:74)
SVN Revision: 1517:1518 build by phil at mescal, 2004-08-27 15:06:22
 0: cs:Unconfigured
nodea:~ # rpm -q drbd
drbd-0.6.6-152

To me, that looks like some kind of version mismatch, but this is my first DRBD installation, so after searching the docs and Google, I'm here, asking for your help.

Any suggestions on further troubleshooting steps I can take?

Thanks,

Paul