[DRBD-user] DiskLessClient state question please

Lars Marowsky-Bree lmb at suse.de
Thu Feb 3 12:10:32 CET 2005

On 2005-02-03T12:04:37, drbd at firstcodings.org wrote:

> So, I assume this is the correct behaviour, but does it make sense that
> drbdadm let the user detach device without any warnings while connected ?
> Maybe something like "do as i say" would be great ?

Well, detach only works if you're connected anyway, and doesn't cause
data inconsistencies, it "just" causes loss of redundancy.

Now, drbdadm disconnect etc also causes loss of redundancy. If you don't
want that a command is performed, I'd rather suggest to not give the
command but expect the system to question your order ;-)

> And finally, does "DiskLessClient" really means "there is no local
> device to write to" ? Is that true for primary and secondary ?

Yes. It means all actually IO goes via the peer; not only writes, but
also reads.

Sincerely,
    Lars Marowsky-Brée <lmb at suse.de>

--