Antwort: Re: [DRBD-user] drbd-shares out of sync

andreas.sumper at cnsystems.at andreas.sumper at cnsystems.at
Thu Dec 22 10:00:34 CET 2005

Hi Yann!

Thanks for your hint. I could solve the problem with the help of Diego. It
really was the fault, that my drbd-init-script was not running.
Now everything works fine!

Thanks to both of you!

kind regards,
Andreas

Yann Forget <yann.forget at goelaan.ch> schrieb am 22.12.2005 09:55:15:

> Hi,
>
> andreas.sumper at cnsystems.at a écrit :
> >
> > Hi!
> >
> > First of all, thanks for your help!
> >
> > Diego Julian Remolina <diego.remolina at ibb.gatech.edu> wrote on
> > 21.12.2005 20:30:22:
> >
> >  > This means the node you are working on is not seeing the second
computer
> >  > at all:
> >  >
> >  >  > drbd1: Primary/Unknown --> Secondary/Unknown
> >  >  > drbd1: Secondary/Unknown --> Primary/Unknown
> >  >
> >  > - Make sure drbd module is loaded on the second node
> >  > lsmod | grep drbd
> >
> > on both nodes it says:
> > lsmod | grep drbd
> > drbd                  156400  3
> >

> >  > - Make sure drbd is started on that node es well
> >  > /etc/init.d/drbd start
> >  > or whatever your startup script is.
> >
> > I use it with heartbeat, so I do not use the default init script.
>
> You still need /etc/init.d/drbd even if you use Heartbeat. HB only
> chooses which node is the primary, but the DRBD connection and
> synchronisation are handled by DRBD alone.
>
> No idea about about your problem, although I have seen situations when
> the DRBD seems to be waiting for something. However it has always got
> fine after a while in my case. Maybe some timeout in DRBD configuration.
>
> Regards,
>
> Yann
>
> [cut]
> > Thanks for your help once again. could there be anything else?
> >
> >  > Diego
>
> --
> Network & System Engineer
> Goelaan SA, Switzerland
> Tel. +41-22-960 98 20
> Fax +41-22-960 98 21
> http://www.goelaan.ch

Andreas Sumper
IT Task Force
CNSystems Medizintechnik GmbH
Reininghausstrasse 13 / A-8020 Graz / Austria
T: +43 316 723456-63 / F: +43 316 723456-2
Web: http://www.cnsystems.at
mailto:andreas.sumper at cnsystems.at
see Disclaimer: http://www.cnsystems.at/disclaimer