[DRBD-user] Drbd 0.7.12 - Buffer I/O error on device drbd0

Poyner, Brandon bpoyner at ccac.edu
Fri Aug 26 16:05:03 CEST 2005

> A solution is to have a line excluding drbd from lvm.conf, example:
>
> filter = [ "r/drbd/", "a/.*/" ]

Actually that doesn't prevent the kernel error when running 'echo
showlabels | nash'.  It only stops errors from lvm commands such as
vgscan.

To me I/O can mean read or write.  Could the error message be made a bit
more clear that a read request is being made?  It's worth panicing if I
see a drbd write error on the secondary.  Perhaps something like this.
Thanks.

RCS file: drbd_req.c,v
retrieving revision 1.1
diff -c -r1.1 drbd_req.c
*** drbd_req.c  2005/08/26 13:52:47     1.1
--- drbd_req.c  2005/08/26 13:55:41
***************
*** 196,203 ****
        if (mdev->state != Primary &&
                ( !disable_bd_claim || rw == WRITE ) ) {
                if (DRBD_ratelimit(5*HZ,5)) {
!                       ERR("Not in Primary state, no %s requests
allowed\n",
!                                       disable_bd_claim ? "WRITE" :
"IO");
                }
                drbd_bio_IO_error(bio);
                return 0;
--- 196,203 ----
        if (mdev->state != Primary &&
                ( !disable_bd_claim || rw == WRITE ) ) {
                if (DRBD_ratelimit(5*HZ,5)) {
!                       ERR("Not in Primary state, %s request not
allowed\n",
!                                       (rw == WRITE) ? "WRITE" :
"READ");
                }
                drbd_bio_IO_error(bio);
                return 0;