[DRBD-user] RE: secondary/secondary

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Thu Apr 21 13:26:49 CEST 2005

/ 2005-04-21 09:15:56 +0500
\ Umair Siddiqi:

> I asked this question once, it just I added my log files in my second
> post in same thread.
>
> I am using heartbeat and every thing is configured nicely, except that
> one of the servers does not come primary and I have to do it manually,
> by "drbdadm primary all".

right.
/note to myself: always read the full post before answering.

and the logs even tell the reason:

> ********** /var/log/HA-LOG (primary)
> heartbeat: 2005/04/20_09:42:26
>    info: Running /etc/ha.d/resource.d/drbddisk drbd0 start
> heartbeat: 2005/04/20_09:42:31
>    ERROR: Return code 20 from /etc/ha.d/resource.d/drbddisk

> ************ /var/log/HA-DEBUG

> heartbeat: 2005/04/20_09:42:26
>  debug: Starting /etc/ha.d/resource.d/drbddisk drbd0 start
> 'drbd0' not defined in your config.
> 'drbd0' not defined in your config.
> 'drbd0' not defined in your config.
> 'drbd0' not defined in your config.
> 'drbd0' not defined in your config.
> 'drbd0' not defined in your config.
> heartbeat: 2005/04/20_09:42:31
>  debug: /etc/ha.d/resource.d/drbddisk drbd0 start done. RC=20

so drbd0 was not defined, you named it differently in the drbd.conf file.
but you still ask for it. won't work.

LMB:
 why does heartbeat continue with resource aquisition
 even after a startup error of one script?
 assuming independent resources?

	Lars Ellenberg