[DRBD-user] Current Primary shall become sync TARGET

Steve Purkis steve.purkis at multimap.com
Thu Sep 30 16:07:36 CEST 2004

Hi Luca,

I've experienced the same 'problem' -- see
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/drbd/users/7122

In summary - it's not a problem, the problem is that you do not 'fence
off' your IO requests, so even if heartbeat shuts down drbd on your
original primary, it still writes to disk as it shuts down -- this may
be in the form of a timestamp or similar when you umount the disk, or
something else.

The solution is to reboot after a network failure.  STONITH may help
you.
Otherwise, do a manual reboot.
Alternatively, you might find Mon useful, I haven't yet tried setting
it up to kill DRBD (the idea that this would be the same as IO
fencing).

Hth,
-Steve