[DRBD-user] unresolved symbol in 0.7.4

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Thu Sep 30 09:11:04 CEST 2004

/ 2004-09-30 11:41:51 +0800
\ David Huang:
> hello
>
> the following msg pop up when I try to insert drbd module:
>
> drbd.o: unresolved symbol kunmap_high
> drbd.o: unresolved symbol highmen_start_page
> drbd.o: unresolved symbol kmap_high
>

> Could someone give me some hints how to solve this issue???
>
> My kernal 2.4.21 and drbd version is 0.7.4

and the .config in the kernel source tree you compile drbd against
does not match the running kernel.

you need to get the "prepare kernel source tree" step right.
or compile against matching "preconfigured headers",
if your distro has some (but take the right ones!).

from the naming, I'd guess your running kernel has highmem off,
but your .config has it still on.
but that is probably not the only difference, so go and verify.

	Lars Ellenberg