[DRBD-user] Debianization

David Krovich dkrovich at csee.wvu.edu
Wed Sep 29 10:44:41 CEST 2004

Lars Ellenberg <Lars.Ellenberg at ...> writes:

> but:
>  http://svn.drbd.org/drbd/branches/drbd-0.7/
>    upgrade_0.6.x_to_0.7.0.txt
>    upgrade_0.7.0_to_0.7.1.txt
>
> both merged give the upgrade from 0.6 to 0.7 as is now.

I wouldn't want to attempt to script that...  My concern is regarding
a user currently running drbd 0.6.x who does an apt-get upgrade and
gets a 0.7.x version of drbd, and suddenly his drbd setup is broken.

There is currently a discussion going on about this issue in the
Debian BTS, bug id #244291.

The current proposal is to create two separate binary packages, one
for drbd-0.6.x, and one for drbd-0.7.x.