[DRBD-user] drbd-0.7.4 make install doesn't create /dev/drbdX

Steve Purkis steve.purkis at multimap.com
Fri Sep 17 17:24:26 CEST 2004

Hi all,

Dunno if this is a repeat, but...
I've just installed drbd 0.7.4 on Red Hat 9.0 / kernel 2.4.7,
configured /etc/drbd.conf, and tried to run the init script.

	root at p4test1:~ # service drbd start
	Starting DRBD resources:    can not open /dev/drbd0: No such file or
directory
	can not open /dev/drbd0: No such file or directory

Fixed by:

	for i in `seq 0 15` ; do mknod /dev/drbd$i b 147 $i; done

Which should prolly be done by 'make install'

hth,
-Steve