[DRBD-user] Support Question

Greg Freemyer freemyer-ml at NorcrossGroup.com
Thu Sep 16 00:48:57 CEST 2004

I may need to build a server that holds 5 TB plus of data with remote
replication capability.  (i.e. DRBD like)

The system will be a document management system with most of the data
coming in from high-speed scanners.

Other that the scanning, the data will be fairly static.

The secondary site does not need to have automated fail-over capability,
the repository just has to be replicated offsite for true disaster
recovery purposes.

To do this I would want a Enterprise release that supports:

* Fibre-Channel attached storage (HP's MSA1500 most likely)
* More than 2 TB of storage
* Snapshots (for making tape backups)
* DRBD 0.7.x disk replication to a remote site (i.e. Internet VPN
connected)

Is the above feasible and is there a current release that supports all
the above.  My guess is that SLES 9.0 is my best chance.

Thanks
Greg
--
Greg Freemyer