[DRBD-user] drbddisk does not mout the resource

Jens Grigel jens.grigel at sskm.de
Tue Sep 14 17:59:22 CEST 2004

On Tue, 2004-09-14 at 17:24, Alan Robertson wrote:
> Jens Grigel wrote:
> > On Tue, 2004-09-14 at 16:37, Florian Wozak wrote:
> >
> >>Hello,
> >>
> >>i'm trying to use drbd with heartbeat. Everything works fine, but the
> >>drbddisk script DOES NOT mount the drbd0 resource. "drbddisk drbd0
> >>start" changes the node correctly into primary state and a manual mount
> >>perfectly works (btw i'm using reiserfs).
> >>
> >>But I have no idea how to get the script mountig the resource.
> >>

> > Hi,
> >
> > you have to mount the drbd device with the Filesystem script from
> > linux-ha.
> >
> > Please check:
> > http://wiki.trick.ca/linux-ha/GettingStarted_2fDRBD
>
> This is correct for versions of DRBD starting with 0.7. The assumption that
> DRBD only works for filesystems, and that it is DRBD's job to mount the
> filesytem went away in version 0.7.
>

> For versions before 0.7 you have to include them in the /etc/fstab to get
> them mounted.
>
> It is true that in these older versions you *can* put in the Filesystem
> resource agent if you leave out the entry in /etc/fstab.  But, this causes
> the datadisk (note the name change) script to exit with an error.

Hi Alan, hi Florian,

I have no intention to lead someone the wrong way. I've read the post
and (thought) Florian stumbled across the same error I had when playing
with drbd 0.7.x myself.
IIRC, "drbddisk" is the resource agent that comes with drbd-0.7.x to use
with heartbeat. In the older versions the script was named "datadisk"
(I'm still running a couple of drbd-0.6.x based clusters myself :-)
and Florians drbd config also shows that he's using drbd-0.7.

Greetings from Munich,
Jens