[DRBD-user] drbddisk does not mout the resource

Alan Robertson alanr at unix.sh
Tue Sep 14 17:24:34 CEST 2004

Jens Grigel wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-09-14 at 16:37, Florian Wozak wrote:
>
>>Hello,
>>
>>i'm trying to use drbd with heartbeat. Everything works fine, but the
>>drbddisk script DOES NOT mount the drbd0 resource. "drbddisk drbd0
>>start" changes the node correctly into primary state and a manual mount
>>perfectly works (btw i'm using reiserfs).
>>
>>But I have no idea how to get the script mountig the resource.
>>

> Hi,
>
> you have to mount the drbd device with the Filesystem script from
> linux-ha.
>
> Please check:
> http://wiki.trick.ca/linux-ha/GettingStarted_2fDRBD

This is correct for versions of DRBD starting with 0.7. The assumption that
DRBD only works for filesystems, and that it is DRBD's job to mount the
filesytem went away in version 0.7.

For versions before 0.7 you have to include them in the /etc/fstab to get
them mounted.

It is true that in these older versions you *can* put in the Filesystem
resource agent if you leave out the entry in /etc/fstab.  But, this causes
the datadisk (note the name change) script to exit with an error.

--
     Alan Robertson <alanr at unix.sh>

"Openness is the foundation and preservative of friendship...  Let me claim
from you at all times your undisguised opinions." - William Wilberforce