[DRBD-user] Question about Activity Log

Benoit.Ropartz at alcatel.fr Benoit.Ropartz at alcatel.fr
Tue Sep 14 17:12:19 CEST 2004

Hello,

My Primary node (A) crash and Heartbeat activate services on other node
(B).

DRBD is Primary on B (cs=WFConnection).

When A restart, i see these messages in syslog :

Jan  2 05:59:23 SML_A kernel: drbd3: Found 6 transactions (324 active
extents) in activity log.
Jan  2 05:59:23 SML_A kernel: drbd3: Marked additional 131584 KB as
out-of-sync

When DRBD connection is up, a synchronisation is activate with A as
SyncTarget and B as
SyncSource.

It seem that in this situation, DRBD doesn't use AL of node A ??? is it
true...

DRBD use AL when two nodes crash at the same time ??? orwhen  former
Primary up before
heartbeat active services on other node ??

Benoit.