[DRBD-user] drbd.conf

James Doherty james at zeald.com
Tue Nov 16 04:47:11 CET 2004

On Mon, 2004-11-15 at 17:26 -0800, aleks wrote:
> I loaded the module ..... insmod nbd  .... then /dev/nbd/0 shows up in
> my filesystem ....

The DRBD module is called "drbd". Once you modprobe this /dev/drbdX
devices will appear (and you should be able to cat /proc/drbd)

> I run /etc/init.d/drbd start  which does not show any output ( should
> there be ? ) ...

There should be quite a bit of output (assuming you are physically at
the machine).

> Then I try mkfs -t ext3 /dev/nbd/0 ..... which fails ( I forget the
> exact error messages , I'll repost
> if that's important ) .

After you modprobe the "drbd" module and set the resource(s) of one
machine to the "primary" state, you should be able to create the
filesystem.

You didn't mention what version of DRBD you are running, but you might
find this useful:
http://linuxha.trick.ca/DRBD
--
James Doherty - Systems Engineer