[DRBD-user] drbd.conf

aleks aleks.n at telus.net
Tue Nov 16 02:26:46 CET 2004

Hi ,

I am struggling to understand how drbd works .....

In drbd.conf ,  what is the relationship between  device=/dev/nbd/0
and disk=/dev/hda2  ( my root partition )   ?

I loaded the module ..... insmod nbd  .... then /dev/nbd/0 shows up in
my filesystem ....
I run /etc/init.d/drbd start  which does not show any output ( should
there be ? ) ...
Then I try mkfs -t ext3 /dev/nbd/0 ..... which fails ( I forget the
exact error messages , I'll repost
if that's important ) .

in /etc/fstab I put   ..... /dev/nbd/0            /        ext3
........ etc.  Does this make sense ?
I get on boot ......... EXT3-fs : unable to read superblock
mount : wrong fs type , bad option , bad superblock on /dev/nbd/0 or too
many mounted
file systems .