[DRBD-user] insmod drbd.o >>>> unresolved symbol

chris christian at dumont.homelinux.net
Fri Nov 12 14:16:58 CET 2004

Hi all,

I want to install drbd 0.7.5 on two SME 6.0.1 servers (RH based)
I have downloaded the tar sources from oss.linbit.com
One of my server is installed with devtools.

My problem is that once compiled, the drbd.o driver installs itself easily on the machine which did the compilation,
but it doesn't want to install itself on another machine.
(same kernel 2.4.20.18, same processor PII 400, same Linux version installed SME 6.0.1)
Error messages speak about symbol not resolved.
Here is an example of error message.
(ex : /lib/modules/2.4.20-18.7/kernel/drivers/block/drbd.o: unresolved symbol zone_table_R8be3c0bb )

One of my colleague try the compilation on his own machine (same as mine), and sent me the rpm... and then, the drbd.o didn't want to install itself on my machine.
He said me that he made his own kernel, with module support, but, I can install some modules like scsi or network modules on my machine...

So anyone have an idea ?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Christian (GLA) DUMONT