[DRBD-user] drbd0: could not kmalloc() nbh

Tim Tregubov tim at zingweb.com
Sun May 30 17:34:55 CEST 2004

> see if this below patch helps.
>
> -#define GFP_DRBD GFP_ATOMIC
> +#define GFP_DRBD GFP_NOIO

Hi Lars -

So here's the strange thing.  After my last cry for help things seemed
to right themselves.   All I did was turn off heartbeat altogether.
and managed drbd by hand.  trying my test from the secondary(made
primary) etc.   It all seemed to work.  Then I  rebooted to a clean
state on both machines (the only thing changed was that I turned off
auto-failback in heartbeat).  Everything still worked!   Strange.   I'm
perplexed.  I'm assuming that all of this was simply circumstantial and
that it would have worked anyway, but the strange thing is that I was
able to repeat the problem I had 3 times.. before all of the sudden it
started working fine...  mysterious.

I rebuilt drbd with your patch anyway though and am trying my tests
again(so far no scary errors!) :-)

So this begs the question of why it would have happened in the first
place?   Was I having some weird memory usage that I can't replicate
now?  Have you seen this problem before?

Thanks so much for everything btw!

Cheers,
Tim