[DRBD-user] Wich version for kernel 2.6.6 ?

Helmut Wollmersdorfer helmut.wollmersdorfer at gmx.at
Wed May 19 12:18:55 CEST 2004

You should also go through www.drbd.org

> I want to build a cluster with kernel 2.6.6 on Debian Sarge.

> Wich version of drbd runs with this kernel?

AFAIK only 0.7 (CVS recommended)
    0.7 -> kernel 2.4.x, 2.6.x
    0.6 -> kernel 2.2.x, 2.4.x

0.6.12 is the latest stable, resync slow.
0.7 is getting stable more and more. Has better sync/resync, because of
meta-data stored on disk.

> Wich filesystem should I use?

Depends on your needs;-)
I prefer ext3, but I have no special needs.

http://www.drbd.org/316.html

| Q: Can XFS be used with DRBD?
|
| A: XFS uses dynamic block size, thus DRBD 0.7 or later is needed.

Don't know, if it works and how stable this is.

Helmut Wollmersdorfer