[DRBD-user] using drbd in a monolithic kernel?

Greg Freemyer freemyer-ml at NorcrossGroup.com
Wed Mar 24 22:46:59 CET 2004

On Wed, 2004-03-24 at 16:30, Kees Cook wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 24, 2004 at 09:31:59PM +0100, Lars Ellenberg wrote:
> > > +# ifndef MODULE
> > >  // defined in drbd_main.c,
> > >  // copied from redhat's kernel-2.4.20-13.9 kernel/signal.c
> > >  // to avoid a recompile of the redhat kernel
> > >  inline void recalc_sigpending_tsk(struct task_struct *t);
> > > +# endif
> >
> > This first was in and then was backed out again.
> > I think Philipp had a reason to back it out?
>
> Okay, I'll wait to hear about the problem.  I need this (or something to
> that effect) to distinguish between modular and monolithic builds.  The
> SIGHACK must be defined for 2.6 kernels, but the function itself cannot be
> multiply defined when doing a monolithic build.
>
> > > -Packager:
> > > +Packager: Lars Ellenberg <l.g.e at web.de>
> >
> > No Sir. :)
> > I'm NOT the packager for "just someone" that happens to say "make rpm".
> > Not at all.  So I don't like my name in a spec file *template*.
>
> Well, who wrote the template?  :)

I went to Ga. Tech.  Whenever we needed someone to blame, it was George
P. Burdell.

http://cyberbuzz.gatech.edu/tbook/traditions/burdell.html

I'm sure he would be happy to be the default packager.  But I don't know
if he has an e-mail address.