[DRBD-user] using drbd in a monolithic kernel?

Kees Cook kees at osdl.org
Wed Mar 24 22:30:02 CET 2004

On Wed, Mar 24, 2004 at 09:31:59PM +0100, Lars Ellenberg wrote:
> > +# ifndef MODULE
> >  // defined in drbd_main.c,
> >  // copied from redhat's kernel-2.4.20-13.9 kernel/signal.c
> >  // to avoid a recompile of the redhat kernel
> >  inline void recalc_sigpending_tsk(struct task_struct *t);
> > +# endif
>
> This first was in and then was backed out again.
> I think Philipp had a reason to back it out?

Okay, I'll wait to hear about the problem.  I need this (or something to
that effect) to distinguish between modular and monolithic builds.  The
SIGHACK must be defined for 2.6 kernels, but the function itself cannot be
multiply defined when doing a monolithic build.

> > -Packager:
> > +Packager: Lars Ellenberg <l.g.e at web.de>
>
> No Sir. :)
> I'm NOT the packager for "just someone" that happens to say "make rpm".
> Not at all.  So I don't like my name in a spec file *template*.

Well, who wrote the template?  :)  Modern RPM requires a valid "packager"
field.  And with that, people can just do a straight "rpmbuild -ta
drbd-VERSION.tar.gz" and not mess around.

--
Kees Cook
Open Source Development Lab
kees at osdl.org