[DRBD-user] drbd + nfs for rw access to mirrored partition from both nodes

Ziller, James James.Ziller at qg.com
Wed Mar 3 20:49:55 CET 2004

Hello,

	I am currently using drbd with heartbeat.  The goal is to create a
cluster where the secondary node has rw access to the mirrored partition by
mounting it via nfs.  I am currently mounting /dev/nb0 on /mnt/rep and then
also mounting it via nfs (using the cluster IP address) on mountpoint /rep
on both the primary and secondary node.  The way im doing this creates
problems when failing over and back again - it appears everything has to be
timed just right or otherwise the system hangs when trying to unmount
/dev/nb0. Does anyone know of an easier/more elegant way of doing this?

thanks,

James Ziller
Information Systems

Quad/Graphics - Q/DS