[DRBD-user] Quick Sync Option

Curtis Tiffany curtis at reecemarketing.com
Wed Jun 23 22:01:09 CEST 2004

Your network is probably not the bottleneck, I agree.  Disk operations
probably are the bottleneck.

You do one of the following:

1.read in the data
2.calculate a checksum
3.compare checksums
4.then send to the other machine

or

1.read in the data
2.send the data to the other machine

I think they have tested this and found that it is faster to just
read/send than to go through the rsync algorithm.  Again, I would check
the archives to see if you find more information from someone with more
authority on this area. =)

Just curious, how long does it take you to rsync 2TB with average size
of file being 4 kb?