[DRBD-user] Proper way to startup at boot?

John Lange john.lange at bighostbox.com
Tue Jul 20 08:15:13 CEST 2004

I'm starting to feel like I'm flooding the list here with all my
problems... sorry.. I hope you will bare with me.

drbd-0.6.12

Slackware 9.2

kernel 2.4.22

I'm starting it at boot with an entry in /etc/rc.d/rc.local:

/etc/rc.d/drbd start

This is the drbd script that comes with the distribution.

This works ok but the script stops the boot process with its "do you
want to give up waiting and make this primary?". You have to type "yes"
to get the rest of rc.local to run and get to a login prompt.

I don't want either node to be primary because heartbeat is supposed to
be managing that (right?).

Should I be letting heartbeat do everything? Information I've found on
the web seems to indicate that drbd should be started first and
heartbeat just manages which node is primary.

Thanks again.

--
John Lange