[DRBD-user] Drbd - samba file sharing

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Fri Jul 16 10:45:43 CEST 2004

/ 2004-07-15 15:52:59 +0000
\ razidan:
> helo
>
> i follow this how to (http://www.linux-mag.com/2003-11/availability_01.html)
> to configure heartbeat and drbd for samba file server. And heartbeat and drbd
> are working but still i have a problem with file sharing.
>
> in my smb.conf, i use this configuration
>
> [ross1]
>    comment = ross' directories
>    path = /home/samba/ross
>    browseable = yes
>    writable = yes
>    guest ok = no
>    public = no
>
> in my server1, i did (i mounted /dev/nbd/0 at /mnt/disk)
>
> mkdir /mnt/disk

mount /dev/nbd/0 /mnt/disk

> mv /home/samba /mnt/disk/home
> ln -s /mnt/disk/home/samba /home/samba
>
> in my server 2, i did
>
> rm -r /home/samba
> ln -s /mnt/disk/home/samba /home/samba

so far so good.

> All samba folder has been mirrored (/etc/samba, /var/lib/samba) but only my
> shared folder not being mirrored.

I don't quite get what exactly your problem is.
can you give me a walk through how you tested your setup with
"commands", "events", "expectations", and "disappointments" ?

just in case,
 you understand that you must not mount the device
 when the node is in Secondary state?

	Lars Ellenberg