[DRBD-user] drbd heartbeat help

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Fri Jan 23 19:22:13 CET 2004

/ 2004-01-24 01:39:29 +0900
\ Alex E:
> Hello .I am trying to implement drbd - heartbeat failover solution for our
> webhosting company.
> It is a 2 node cluster  master and hot slave.I did use heartbeat prior to
> using drbd with simple ip failover.
> I configured drbd and heartbeat in a following way:

> drbd.conf:
>     address=192.168.1.3
>     address=192.168.1.4

> and my haresources:
> node0.mydomain.com 192.168.1.2 datadisk::drbd0 datadisk::drbd1 \
> 					psa xinetd mailman

I think having 192.168.1.2 as your "floating" ip while having
192.168.1.{3,4} as your drbd ips is asking for trouble.
most likely drbd has problems to bind to the ips it is configured to use.

> and i did proper adjustments in fstab

now, heartbeat likes it better if you do NOT put it into the
fstab, but have it as hearbeat file system resource.

and you did not tell us which version of drbd you use.

	Lars Ellenberg