[DRBD-user] Slow syncall after kernel+drbd upgrade

Christian Hammers ch at westend.com
Thu Jan 22 15:23:13 CET 2004

On Thu, Jan 22, 2004 at 03:14:15PM +0100, Francis SOUYRI wrote:
> >Well, of course, I rsync a file from /tmp on the one server to /tmp
> >on the other one which should be equivalent!
> >
> Your /tmp is a tmpfs, ramfs filesystem (memory filesystem) or a disk
> filesystem ? If it is a disk filesystem the test of the dd/rsync and
> drbd syncall with a "Wire protocol: C" is not equivalent, if you want to
> do an equivalent test you can try a test with a "Wire protocol: B".

/tmp is a partition in the same RAID array as the DRBD partitions.
So I tested writing from memory to local disc and then transferring
the data via network to the remote disc.

> What is the filesystem of our drbd devices what is the block size ? for
> the drbd device a 4k block size is better.

4k on all partitions.

And it should kept in memory that the syncall speed used to be 20mins
for both partitions before I upgraded the hardware to faster pieces and
the kernel to a newer version!

bye,

-christian-

--
Christian Hammers             WESTEND GmbH  |  Internet-Business-Provider
Technik                       CISCO Systems Partner - Authorized Reseller