[DRBD-user] Two resources on a single disk

dhz_bf at walla.co.il dhz_bf at walla.co.il
Tue Feb 24 17:15:30 CET 2004

We are currently using drbd with a big partition for high availability between two machines.
We have a problem of disk space and one way of solving it is to divide the big partition to
two partitions, and have drbd synch both of them between the two machines.

I have read the drbd article on the documentation directory of drbd-0.6.11 and the configuration
file example there has a configuration similar to the one I require.  Two partitions on a single disk.
The comment, however, warns against using such a configuration, since we may get poor performance.

What should I expect to be the extra cost in performance of dividing the big partition into two, given the the amount of
writes to the two partitions remains the same as the one to the single partition we currently have.

Thanks,

Doron