[DRBD-user] drbd-heartbeat!

Alan Robertson alanr at unix.sh
Sat Feb 21 18:56:57 CET 2004

Alex E wrote:
> Hello all...
> I figured out most of the things with the great help here...and i relaized that what I m looking for is the nice_failback
> parameter.
> But the documentation is very very unclear....(I do know its not DRBD related) but please if you can give me advice!!
> I need my configuration to be:
> 1.Master fails --> Slave take all resources
> 2.Master starts again --> Slave keeps resources and lets master to resync the new data
> 3.Slave fails---> original master takes over.
>
> I understand i need to do it with the nice_failback on but should it be in ha.cf on both nodes or only on one and if on one so on which?
> Thank you.

For versions before 1.2.0, set nice_failback on.

For versions >= 1.2.0, set auto_failback off.

These settings should be the same on both machines.

If you decide you want to move resources around, you can use
hb_standby to do that.  Starting with 1.2.0, hb_standby gives you some
more flexibility on how you do that than it did in the past.

--
     Alan Robertson <alanr at unix.sh>

Wilberforce