[DRBD-user] Do I have to install Heartbeat?

David david at davidbranford.net
Thu Dec 30 15:06:03 CET 2004

Hi all,

Is it possible to install DRBG without heartbeat and all that? eg. can I simply instal DRBG on my existing redhat 9 install or do i need to supply scripts for all my services to heartbeat etc. ?

All I want is to replicate the filesystem of my server into my backup server so that I can write my own failover scripts, without doing a whole-hog reinstall with LVM, heartbeat and clustering etc.

Thanks again,

David