[DRBD-user] syncer performance problem

Tim Tregubov tim at zingweb.com
Mon Aug 2 22:30:46 CEST 2004

On Aug 2, 2004, at 4:06 PM, Lars Ellenberg wrote:

> you are sure that all the hardware is ok?
> the GigE really works in 1000 Mbit mode? (--> mii-tool -v ethX)
> no other io going on on the same physical disks?

mii-tool seems to be only for 10/100, at least the version that comes
with FC2 doesn't understand anything about GigE.
But ethtool shows:

Settings for eth2:
         Supported ports: [ TP ]
         Supported link modes:   10baseT/Half 10baseT/Full
                                 100baseT/Half 100baseT/Full
                                 1000baseT/Full
         Supports auto-negotiation: Yes
         Advertised link modes:  10baseT/Half 10baseT/Full
                                 100baseT/Half 100baseT/Full
                                 1000baseT/Full
         Advertised auto-negotiation: Yes
         Speed: 1000Mb/s
         Duplex: Full
         Port: Twisted Pair
         PHYAD: 0
         Transceiver: internal
         Auto-negotiation: on
         Supports Wake-on: umbg
         Wake-on: d
         Current message level: 0x00000007 (7)
         Link detected: yes

The drives aren't mounted at this point.  And the raid is fully synced.
  So no other IO to the disks.

I'll keep looking.  Thanks again for the help.  If you think of
anything else, please let  me know!

Cheers,
Tim