[DRBD-user] syncer performance problem

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Mon Aug 2 22:06:10 CEST 2004

/ 2004-08-02 14:57:59 -0400
\ Tim Tregubov:
> I couldn't really tell a difference between those two or 1M...   I

I just thought it may reduce some latency for drbd ack packages.
obviously not the issue in your setup.

> haven't tried jumbo frames so that might help, what do you think?

unlikely to make a noticable difference...
this is fine tuning.

I don't know why you don't get more syncer performance.
with a gigabit crossover ethernet you should get about
30 to 60 MB/sec average sync throughput "out of the box".
 *without much tweaking*

you are sure that all the hardware is ok?
the GigE really works in 1000 Mbit mode? (--> mii-tool -v ethX)
no other io going on on the same physical disks?

	Lars Ellenberg