[DRBD-user] Latest Stable Release?

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Tue Apr 13 21:14:38 CEST 2004

/ 2004-04-13 12:31:32 -0400
\ Tony Willoughby:

> Looking through the release history on drbd.org, it seems that 0.6.* is
> under active development.

Nope.
I was just good at fixing the "last remaining corner cases" :)

0.7. is actively developed.

> What release is considered stable?  We are looking to upgrade many of
> our customers and consider stability more important than just about
> anything else.  To date, we've been running 0.6.4 and have been pretty
> happy with it.

I'd say use 0.6.12
Only new features are sync-group and ko-count.
Rest was bug fixes...

But, if you did not hit any of those strange deadlock-of-Primary
cases if something goes wrong on the Secondary that have been fixed
since 0.6.4, and you think you won't hit them soonish, ...

> We will be running in IBM 330/335's,
> dual SMP, HIMEM, 10/100 Ethernet, SCSI disks.

Maybe someone else wants to comment from a non-developers view ?

	Lars Ellenberg