[DRBD-user] DRBD performance over GBit Ethernet

Curtis Tiffany curtis at reecemarketing.com
Wed Apr 7 22:18:56 CEST 2004

Andreas Semt wrote:
> You used bonnie on a drbd device and got 25.62 (MB/sec?) for Sequential
> Writes and 6.35 (MB/sec?) for Random Writes? That's a good performance.
> Tested with tiobench for drbd-3.htm?

The 25.62 was from a tiobench test, not bonnie.  I'm not sure on the
units as I've not used tiobench in a while.  If you use the software, it
might become clear what the units are.  I was impressed with the
performance after running these tests, which is why I'm still reading
this list. =)

>> /root1000c    - testing disk without drbd
>

> Why is /root1000c slower (5.22) than /home1000c (6,35) for Random Writes?

I have no idea, sorry.