[DRBD-user] DRBD performance over GBit Ethernet

Lars Ellenberg Lars.Ellenberg at linbit.com
Wed Apr 7 15:16:15 CEST 2004

/ 2004-04-07 15:58:16 +0300
\ Thanos Chatziathanassiou:
> RAID5 has a reputation of good read speeds and really lousy write speeds.
> Do you happen to know what the sustained write speed of your RAID5 array
> (ie locally) is ?

and, I posted an March, 21, some scriptlet to do a "timed and sync'ed dd
over the net", to benchmark maximum sync speed...

I just now check that in into drbd CVS,
you can get it from
cvs -d :pserver:anonymous:@cvs.drbd.org:/var/lib/cvs/drbd co drbd
(or just do a cvs up in your previous checkout)

you should then find it as ./drbd/testing/time-dd-net-sync.sh

maybe it helps you find the bottleneck.
:)

	Lars Ellenberg