[DRBD-user] Return code 255 from datadisk

Björn Krüger bk at dvdboard.de
Tue Apr 6 19:58:24 CEST 2004

Hi everyone,

I  am trying to setup my first drbd system. Everything is fine so far,
except when I finally try to let heartbeat start the drbd0 device, I get
an error 255 from datadisk.

Debuglog shows this:
heartbeat: 2004/04/06_19:38:53 debug: Starting /etc/ha.d/resource.d/datadisk drbd0 start
datadisk: FATAL: no terminal
Error during script startup. This may be an incompatible bash version
heartbeat: 2004/04/06_19:38:53 debug: /etc/ha.d/resource.d/datadisk drbd0 start done. RC=255

I  have  searched  google and the mailing list archive for this error
message, but with no success, so I ask for help here.

System is Debian woody, heartbeat is from backports.org,
drbd is latest stable 0.6.12 built from source.

Thanks for your help.
Bjoern