[DRBD-user] using DRBD with md0 as system disk

Jason Gray jgray at bardelanimation.com
Thu Apr 1 23:44:54 CEST 2004

I've recently setup a Software RAID on a RH 9.0 box using two devices
(/dev/hdg /dev/hde) that are combines to create /dev/md0 and /dev/md1.  The
system is on /dev/md1 and the /boot partition is on /dev/md0.  Is it
possible to use DRBD on these RAID devices?  I'm not sure that it is since
DRBD needs to make use of a virtual device (/dev/nb0) and map to a real
device (/dev/hdg).  And since /dev/hdg and /dev/hde are already part of the
RAID then I have no spare disks to use.  Also, since my system is on the
RAID the DRBD module can't be loaded until the system is up and vice versa.

Is there a way around this?

Cheers,

Jason