[DRBD-user] Re: drbd suffix problem

Lars Lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Thu Apr 1 16:39:20 CEST 2004

/ 2004-04-01 14:48:04 +0200
\ Benjamin CLEYET-MARREL:
> Hi,
> in the article
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.linux.drbd/5829
> you are exposing a compilation problem you had ...
> I am stuck at the exact same point.
> did you manage to compile it ?
> how did you do ?
>
> thanks for your time
> Ben

No, I did not have any problems compiling drbd.
I am one of the authors. Of course it compiles for me.
If you read that article again, you'll notice that I *answer* the
question, and make some suggestions how to solve it.

It is pointless to repeat those suggestions here.

You should use the 0.6.12 tgz,
read README and INSTALL, and follow the walkthrough in there.
Make sure you use the correct kernel .config, and the same compiler
used to build your kernel.

If "make rpm" does not work for you, try a plain "make" first.
If that still does not work, read INSTALL again :)
If just "make" works, but "make rpm" does not, and you still want to
have a rpm of it, adjust the spec file.
Or find someone who does it for you.

	Lars Ellenberg