[Drbd-dev] howto enable auto-promote

Dietmar Maurer dietmar at proxmox.com
Wed May 20 14:25:41 CEST 2015

> Auto-promote is enabled. As you can see it failed, and it can only fail
> if it was enabled... Your problem is the "multiple primaries" thingy.
> Please tell us which drbdmanage commands you executed.

What commands? The idea is that 'auto-promote' works without any commands.
So I just start the kvm VM on the second node, which tries to open the device.

So I tried to enable allow-two-primaries somehow. Adding it
to /etc/drbd.d/global_common.conf did not help. Then I tried:

# drbdadm net-options --allow-two-primaries=yes vm-100-disk-1

on each node, and it seems to work now.

So where is the right place to set allow-two-primaries for
volumes managed by drbdmanage?

And why is that disabled by default?