[Drbd-dev] howto enable auto-promote

Roland Kammerer roland.kammerer at linbit.com
Wed May 20 14:01:48 CEST 2015

On Wed, May 20, 2015 at 12:41:08PM +0200, Dietmar Maurer wrote:
> I am trying to live migrate a kvm based VM which uses a
> drbd9 image created with drbdmanage. But I get the
> following error:
>
> [ 7268.069023] drbd vm-100-disk-1: Auto-promote failed: Multiple primaries not
> allowed by config
>
> So how can I enable the auto-promote feature?

Auto-promote is enabled. As you can see it failed, and it can only fail
if it was enabled... Your problem is the "multiple primaries" thingy.
Please tell us which drbdmanage commands you executed. The granularity
of "trying to live migrate" is a bit too coarse to reproduce the issue.
At least for me.

Regards, rck