[Drbd-dev] [RFC 000/118] drbd: part 1 of adding multiple volume support to drbd

Greg Freemyer greg.freemyer at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 15:20:51 CEST 2011

On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 11:06 AM, Philipp Reisner <
philipp.reisner at linbit.com> wrote:

> This the first request for review of drbd-8.4. The complete set has
> 500 patches. In this first series there are only 118 of these.

Lars,

I've only taken a quick glance, but is drbd functional between applying each
patch?

It doesn't look like it to me, but I didn't look that close.  I also saw at
least one patch that introduced a new function with no caller to test it.

The idea is that a patch series leave a testable / functional kernel after
each patch in the series is applied sequentially.

That is the only way git bisect can do its job.

ie. Introducing a new function but no new caller makes a change, but there
is no way to test it.  Therefore there is no real value in not merging that
patch with one that has the new call in it.

Greg